On our last weekend of soccer, Holyn accomplished her long awaited goal of a GOAL! We had a long talk before the game about scoring a goal and that it was ok if it didn't happen and that it takes a team to make a goal, not just one person. (But secretly I was really hoping she would get one before we moved). And about halfway through the 1st quarter she connected. All the parents cheered for her and the best part was how she ran to me, jumped into my arms and hugged me. (Here's what I captured of her goal in progress:)
Max's team played next, but as hard as he tried (and as much as they set him up) his didn't make a goal. He didn't seem to mind in the least. He had fun running around. The opposing team didn't have enough players, so halfway through the game their coach asked Holyn to fill in. It was kind of funny to she Holyn and Max on the field playing against each other. I loved it at the end of the game when Coach Barry told the team "I don't know if you guys know but today was Max's last game, he's moving. Everybody tell Max good game and shake his hand". So cute I almost cried.




No comments:
Post a Comment